Tuesday, January 25, 2011

What Started It All...

First off, I decided to start this blog to motivate myself. I am not a huge fan of working out, in fact I really dislike it entirely. I love sports, but going to the gym and running in the same spot and lifting weights doesn't excite me. So here's my story...
Last year I moved to a new city with my boyfriend... I hated it there. It was ugly, all grey, no color, everything seemed dead. I was depressed from the moment I walked into our apartment, but I didn't want to say anything because I love him and this is where his job was and where we needed to be. Anyways, I didn't get a job, all I did everyday was sit on my ass and eat while watching television. Needless to say, I gained weight, and gained it fast. I have never been one to just sit around all day, and certainly never had to watch what I ate. I was always active and doing something, but I didn't eat healthily, which lead me to bad habits. I would make pudding and eat the entire bowl, eat all the cookies and drink as much soda as I wanted. I never gained a pound. I was extremely muscular since I was a child and had a fantastic metabolism.
Obviously that didn't last long. In one winter I had gained 10 pounds and lost all my muscle. I always weighed 155 pounds, but it never bothered me since my body fat percentage was 18. Quickly I had lost all my muscle, jumped to 165 pounds and had a fat percentage of 23. That winter was the winter I got stretch marks, because of those little suckers I dove into an even worse depression. I had always been the type of person who would wear tight clothing and short shorts and never had a second thought to how I looked. Now I'm always trying to hide my stomach because I remember how it used to be.
Anyways, about 2 months ago I decided to take control and start working out more frequently. I joined MMA (mixed martial arts) and get my ass kicked 2 times a week. I play volleyball and basketball, and try to do crossfit. But alas, I still have no motivation to run and on occasion do crossfit's "workout of the day".
I decided to start this blog in hopes that it would keep me more into check. I'm sure no one will actually read this, but by doing this I'll at least be able to write down my struggles and hopefully my accomplishments!
SO! As of today, January 25, 2011... I weigh 147 pounds and am 5' 6"

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad to see you are doing this =)
    A blog is such great motivation, as you write things down you are taking time to analyze your progress, recognize mistakes and really become much more self aware!
    Here's a link to my blog: http://tokrunner91.blogspot.com/
    I added you to the blogs I follow, feel free to do the same!
    -Brenna

    ReplyDelete