Monday, July 25, 2011

Puppy!

I haven't written anything on this blog for quite a while, which is fine I'm sure... considering I don't think anyone reads it! Anywhoooooo, I've been puppy searching for quite a while now and I've found and fallen in love with one. He is a Vizsla, he will be shipped to Alaska from the lower 48, and will be named Buliwyf (bull-vie). The name might sound a little ridiculous but it's the only name Damon and I could agree on. In all honesty, it's a pretty bad ass name in my opinion. If you have ever read the book Eaters of the Dead or watched the movie The 13th Warrior the name will sound familiar. Our little vizsla is being named after a bad ass from the book.
Damon and I have been researching dogs and haven't been able to agree on one until now. I wanted a lab, he wanted a german wirehaired pointer, I wanted a swiss mountain dog, he wanted a bernese, I wanted a soft-coated wheater terrier, he wanted an airedale terrier... so on and so forth. I had originally loved this dog and wanted one but Damon wasn't convinced. After disagreement upon disagreement I found a video on animal planet about vizsla's, it was only about 4 minutes so Damon agreed to watch it. BAM! He fell in love! It's a mix between labradors, german shorthaired pointers and weimaraners. It's a loveable family dog and a great athlete, exactly what Damon and I had been looking for.
He's already found a soft spot in my heart and I've only ever seen pictures of him. I am beyond excited and ready for this dog to be home in my arms.

No comments:

Post a Comment