Monday, June 13, 2011

Life Plans.

I've recently realized that making plans is silly. Nothing ever turns out how you'd like it to. I'm not saying that this new plan is necessarily a bad one, just that it's thrown me a curve ball. So now, instead of me moving to Wasilla this fall and going to school in person it looks like I'll be staying in Talkeetna playing grown up.
Instead of my mom simply waiting a year to move so that the house sells, she is determined to leave. Because the house needs a lot of work done to it there needs to be someone living there. I'm also my moms power of attorney so I'm supposed to be overseeing their work at the house. Needless to say I'm not too pleased to be living in Talkeetna alone but I think that it might be good for me. I've never been close to being alone in my entire life. Even when my mom would go on vacation I'd have people over every day so that I wasn't alone.
Anyways, my plan for this winter is as follows...
Take 5 classes online, coach xcountry and hopefully volleyball, try and find a job, and keep myself entertained in the mean while. I'll have my cat with me, so that's someone to keep me company. The only problem is that during the winter especially I can go into a downward spiral of depression. I'm considering a dog, no joke. The only thing is that my cat may not like that choice and she'll be 17 this fall and I don't want a dog to give her a little cat heart attack. Damon should be home for at least 3 or 4 nights a week so that'll be nice. Also, Brenna, Cooper, Noelle, and Jenny will be here this winter. I feel like this might be a good thing for me, but honestly I'm just scared shitless. It's going to be a huge adjustment with mom no longer being a drive away, and then with Damon gone half of the week I'm not sure how this will work out.
I'm also worried that Damon and I may grow apart if he's in Wasilla for the fall, then Anchorage in the spring. Blargh, this whole thing is rather frustrating. I'm not very good with extreme change!! I love him with all of my heart and I know he loves me back so maybe this'll be good? I've heard that distance makes the heart grow fonder, but it's already plenty fond right meow.
Hmmmmmm lots to think about.

On a different note I've been running and doing MMA so I've been kicking my butt into shape! Soon I'll get my tires inflated again and do some biking!

1 comment: